Growing Up WILD
with Linda Woodard
Location: Gilsland Farm, Falmouth
Members $23, Nonmembers $25
This in-depth 4-hour workshop is designed to provide training for early childhood educators.
Growing Up WILD is an education program that builds on children’s sense of wonder about nature and invites them to explore wildlife and the world around them. Through a wide range of activities and experiences, Growing Up WILD provides an early foundation for developing positive impressions about the natural world and lifelong social and academic skills.
Growing Up WILD is a multi-award winning program having received the 2009 Family Choice Award and the 2011 Renewable Natural Resource Foundation Excellence in Journalism Award.
- Workshop participants will receive the activity guide, Growing Up WILD: Exploring Nature with Young Children, which:
- Is written especially for early childhood educators of children ages 3-7.
- Features 27 field-tested, hands-on, nature based, ready-made thematic units.
- Includes outdoor explorations, scientific inquiry, art projects, music, health and movement, conservation activities, reading and math connections.
- Involves social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive domains to help foster learning and development in all areas.
- Supports developmentally appropriate practice allowing children to learn at levels that are individually, socially, and culturally appropriate.
- Is correlated to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Standards and the Head Start Domains
Session 1: Apr 11th, 2020
Sat from 8:45 am - 1:00 pm
20 Gilsland Farm Road
Falmouth, ME 04105 Get directions